I guest posted for the first time ever; it was fun / I accomplished a bunch over the 3 day weekend / Then I struggled to finish out the week.
The Sunday Post, hosted by Kimba @Caffeinated Book Reviewer, is a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
Caution: Her site has sidebar ads that sometimes contain cover images which may be offensive to some.
Thanks to Tonyalee at lilybloombooks who hosted my first ever guest post (see below).
Since I had a 3 day weekend for the 4th of July and no plans, I was able to do some extra reading as well as a bit of blogging ahead (and a lot of organizing of in my RSS reader, which has been choking lately).
By Friday though I was really struggling with a deep sense of sadness, due to all the violence piled on violence that has been happening. I just didn't feel like reading the Urban Fantasy book I had planned to that day. That's where my shiny new Reading Schedule got a chance to do its job, I simply went down the list until I found something I did want to read. (In the past I would have just relistened to one of a handful of favorites regardless of which reviews I had coming up.)
Here is another set of reading nooks (I think I am becoming obsessed) appropriately featured @ The Reading Nook Reviews
Last Week on GMB
- SUN: I Make a Big (for me) Decision | Sunday Summary #9
- TUE: Wings, Waking, and Witch's | New Audiobook Releases
- TUE: Top Ten (Audio)books I Enjoyed That Have Under 2000 Ratings On Goodreads (guest posted on lilybloombooks)
- WED: It Really Hits the Fan: The Assassins of Altis | Review - ★★★★★ YA multi-genre adventure
- THU: Panning for Gold: Living With Chronic TBR Overflow (Pt 2) | My Musings
- SAT: The Book Blogger & the Hollywood Prince: Cinder & Ella | Review - ★★★★ YA Contemporary Re-telling
Next Week on GMB
- TUE: New Audiobook Releases
- WED: Awake | Review + Author Interview - ★★★★ YA Contemporary Fantasy
- THU: Love it or DNF it: Living With Chronic TBR Overflow (Pt 3) | My Musings
- SAT: The Disappearance of Ember Crow | Review - ★★★★ YA Sci-Fi Paranormal Dystopia
- SUN: Sunday Summary #11
- "A Complete Guide to Starting a Book Blog" @ Pages Unbound Reviews (this is a great one even if you've already started)
After doing some research on blogging and finding relatively few resources that were specifically about book blogging, I decided to put together this guide for those thinking about diving into the book blogging world. I started Pages Unbound 5 years about with very little idea of what I was doing, so I hope other new bloggers feel they don’t have to do the same!"
- "The Quirks Of A Bookworm" by Ashleigh @ A frolic through fiction
"We'd all prefer to read about Fiction people than Function around real ones.
A commonly known one, but it needed to be here.
Because while everyone’s out partying/clubbing/doing whatever social people do on weekends, I’ll happily be sat curled up in bed with a coffee and a good book.
And there’s times when I have a busy day, and the idea of not reading will annoy me halfway to ****.
Who can blame us for wanting to read about people who are indefinitely interesting and lovable? Rather than attend events ourselves and have to stumble through conversations for hours on end, we’d much rather read the witty conversations in books. Or go on the adventures with them, safely from the comfort of our rooms."
- "8 Reasons to Catalog Your Books (and How to Do It)" by Emma Nichols @ Book Riot
"3. If you ever lose the library due to fire, flood, or other disaster you can use the list to rebuild your collection and (depending on your insurance) possibly recuperate some of the money lost."
Disclosure: Clicking & making a purchase from any section below may result in a small commission for me.
I re-listened to the following in preparation for upcoming reviews:
I read/listened to the following for the first time:
(Hover over cover to read description)
Disclaimer: Unless otherwise noted, I have not read these books and thus can't give content warnings.
All books were free unless otherwise stated (and may or may not still be free).
All the Kindle books I acquired that have Audible versions available.
Some of the other Kindle books I acquired (I did really good this week in this category).
Talk to Me (pretty please)
- Have you ever done a guest post?
- Do you have a catalog/inventory of all your books?
- What are you planning to read next?
- If you are a first time visitor, how did you discover my blog?
- I recently debuted my redesigned blog. What do you think?
July 3, 2016
June 26, 2016
June 19, 2016
June 12, 2016
(If you don’t see anything in this section, your browser may be blocking share buttons)
Join me on my Audiobook Journey?
Never Miss a Post
This post will also be linked up with the following (hover for descriptions):