**Today's List: (Halloween related freebie)**
Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, “was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!”
Disclosure: GMB uses affiliate links, clicking and making a purchase may result in a small commission for me.
This week's Top Ten Tuesday topic is: "Halloween related freebie: ten scary books, favorite horror novels, non-scary books to get you in the Halloween/fall mood, bookish halloween costumes, scariest covers), scary books on my TBR, etc." I am doing bookish Halloween costumes, specifically potential costumes from books I've reviewed so far this year. Some of these characters have several different costumes I could have chosen, I mostly chose the first one they are described as wearing.
(Alphabetical by Character Name / For Series, I've only linked to the first book)
1) Alain (Mage) from "The Pillars of Reality" series
A robe, "which bore symbols and ornaments to mark their ranks and special skills in a form only other Mages could read" and includes a face hiding cowl.
2) Alias (Sell-sword) from the "Forgotten Realms: Finder's Stone" series
Leather leggings, tunic, light chain shirt, knee high boots, and an eagle shaped barrette. (NOT the outfit on the cover)
3) Blue ("trashy chic") from "The Raven Cycle"
Multiple thin layering shirts, at least one that is "shredded" OR a dress that looks like a lampshade.
4) Johnny (Classic 1950's) from the "Purgatory" duology
Jeans, boots, white tee and black leather jacket; hair swooped high off his forehead.
5) Lauren (Goth) from the "Streetlights like Fireworks" series
"Jet black hair streaked with blue, green and sometimes red. Black eyeliner. Purple hoodie, gray jeans, black combat boots."
6) Linnora (Princess) from The Practice Effect
A diaphanous, filmy, garment & cascade of long blonde hair.
7) Marci (Mage) from the "Heartstrikers" series
"sparkly silver vest, long-sleeved white shirt with dramatic, oversized cuffs draped over chunky plastic bracelets, and tight black pants tucked into glossy black, calf-high leather boots"
8) Moist (postmaster/con artist) from the "Discworld" series
Cloth of gold suit & gold winged hat
9) Molly (witch) from Castle Hangnail
Black clothes, a long black coat, a silver vulture necklace, and "black boots with metal caps on the end" (laced with purple shoelaces)
10) Nicholas (fae, he's human but the outfit isn't) from Atone
Dark pants and a leather vest over a white shirt
Talk to Me (pretty please)
- What are going to be this year?
- What would you be if you could be anything (money & practicality being no object)?
- If you are a first time visitor, how did you discover my blog?
(If you don’t see anything in this section, your browser may be blocking share buttons)
Join me on my Audiobook Journey?
Never Miss a Post
This week's discussion will also be linked up with the following (hover for descriptions):