Sleepless, Solar, and Swarm | New Audiobook Releases

New Releases

Each week there are dozens of scifi, fantasy, and other speculative fiction audiobooks released. I highlight the most talked about and/or interesting looking ones from that week. The first person to correctly identify which 3 books below I took the key words in the title from will get a virtual shout-out in next week's post & tweet. (I'm doing this to try and make it more fun for me to improve my titles.)

Disclosure: GMB uses affiliate links, clicking and making a purchase may result in a small commission for me.

Disclaimer: Unless otherwise noted, I have not read these books and thus can't give content warnings.

This week the final book in my favorite series was released. I read it yesterday and now I am sad because it is over. Thankfully there are a lot of other books that look good this week, and I may give one of them a try.

Already in My Library

Pillars of Reality, Book #6: The Wrath of the Great Guilds

By: Jack Campbell / Narrator: MacLeod Andrews / Pub: Audible Studios / Length: 10:47

"The Great Guilds, fearing the loss of their control of the world of Dematr, have gathered their power and joined it with the relentless legions of the Empire. The full might of that host will fall upon the fortress city of Dorcastle. If Dorcastle falls, the revolt led by Master Mechanic Mari and Mage Alain will fail, and their world will soon descend into chaos.

Only Mari, believed to be the daughter of an ancient prophecy, can inspire the people and lead the defense of Dorcastle. The prophecy says she has a chance to win, but it doesn't say she will survive. Alain will stand by her, both willing to die for the other, but neither one knows if their sacrifices will mean victory."

Haven't started this series yet? Check out My Review of Book #1

Buzzed About

Enderverse: Second Formic War, Book #1: The Swarm

By: Orson Scott Card & Aaron Johnston / Narrator: A Full Cast / Pub: Macmillan Audio / Length: 18:01

"The first invasion of Earth was beaten back by a coalition of corporate and international military forces, and the Chinese army. China has been devastated by the Formic's initial efforts to eradicate Earth life forms and prepare the ground for their own settlement. The Scouring of China struck fear into the other nations of the planet; that fear blossomed into drastic action when scientists determined that the single ship that wreaked such damage was merely a scout ship.

There is a mothership out beyond the Solar System's Kuiper Belt, and it's heading into the system, unstoppable by any weapons that Earth can muster."

Buy Now | +Goodreads

Haven't started this series yet? Check out Wikipedia’s Publication & Chronological Orders

The Remnant Chronicles, Book #3: The Beauty of Darkness

By: Mary E Pearson / Narrator: Emily Rankin et al / Pub: Listening Library / Length: 18:48

"Lia and Rafe have escaped Venda and the path before them is winding and dangerous - what will happen now? "

Whispersync Deal Alert*: Audible = $9.47.

Haven't started this series yet? Check out Book #1

Also available today is: Morrighan: A Remnant Chronicles Novella (#.05)

Reawakened, Book #1: Recreated

By: Colleen Houck / Narrator: Phoebe Strole & Mark Deakins / Pub: Listening Library / Length: 13:29

"Lily Young thought traveling across the globe with a reawakened sun prince was a grand adventure. Now she’s about to embark on the journey of a lifetime. When Amon and Lily part tragically, he transports himself to the Netherworld—what mortals call hell. Tormented by the loss of his one true love, he’d rather suffer in agony during Lily’s mortal years than fulfill his duty to protect humanity.

Heartbroken, Lily seeks refuge on her grandmother’s farm. Yet she can feel Amon’s pain, and she has been having dreams—dreams of Amon continually suffering. For before he departed, Amon gave Lily something very special, an item that connects them even though they are worlds apart. Now Lily must use this object to free him, and to free their realms from darkness and utter chaos. She will do whatever it takes."

It's About Time

(Popular books that are now available on Audio)

A Learning Experience, Book #2 Hard Lessons

By: Christopher G Nuttall / Narrator: Christian Rummel / Pub: Podium Publishing / Length: 11:56

"Fifty years after Steve Stuart and his friends captured an alien starship, the Solar Union is a thriving interstellar power while Earth is increasingly backward and falling into barbarism. For two youngsters from Earth, the Solar Union offers the only chance they will ever have to make something of their lives.

But humanity's involvement in Galactic affairs has not gone unnoticed. The enigmatic masters of the universe have put together a fleet to crush the upstart humans before they can threaten the precarious balance of power. Pushed to the limits, the Solar Union must fight to defend its freedom - and the existence of the human race."

Whispersync Deal Alert*: Kindle + Audible = $6.98.

Malazan Empire, Book #3: Stonewielder

By: Ian C Esslemont / Narrator: John Banks / Pub: Brilliance Audio / Length: 26:43

"Greymane believed he'd outrun his past. With his school for swordsmanship in Falar, he was looking forward to a quiet life, although his colleague Kyle wasn't as enamoured with things outside the mercenary company, the Crimson Guard.

However, it seems it is not so easy for an ex-Fist of the Malazan Empire to disappear, especially one under sentence of death from that same Empire. For there is a new Emperor on the throne of Malaz, and he is dwelling on the ignominy that is the Empire's failed invasion of the Korel subcontinent. In the vaults beneath Unta, the Imperial capital, lie the answers to that disaster. And out of this buried history surfaces the name Stonewielder. "

Omega (Book #1)

By: Lizzy Ford / Narrator: Shiromi Arserio / Length: 11:18

"In a modern world ruled by territorial Greek gods, the human race has been oppressed, exploited, and now nearly destroyed by the constant infighting of gods.

However, a human girl with the power of a goddess is coming of age. Alessandra is the Oracle of Delphi - the last prophesized - and bears the mark of the double omega. Soon after she turns 18, Alessandra is told her destiny: to step between the warring gods and the human race and save her world from certain ruin.

For the gods her appearance marks the beginning of the end - their end. They and the Triumvirate - leaders of the human elite - who serve them will stop at nothing to preserve their power."

Also Look Interesting

(Hover over cover to read description)

WS*: K + A = $6.81

WS*: K + A = $6.46

Buy | +GR

*Prices subject to change. Must purchase Audible version after obtaining a Kindle copy to get the discount.

Talk to Me (pretty please)

• Have you already read any of these books?
    • Feel free to type in the URL to your review. (Booklikes doesn't appear to accept html formatting in the Comments.)
  • Did you already purchase (pre-ordered or manually) anything released this week? Or, has anything gone Straight to Your Wishlist?

• If you are a first time visitor, how did you discover my blog?

Got My Book Signature